Over 70 cyclists have participated in this year’s Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom’s inter county (Amasaza) bicycle racing competition in Kagadi district.
The highly entertaining and exciting competition attracted cyclists from Buyaga East and Buyaga West counties.
The cyclists who donned MTN reflector jackets were flagged off from Kagadi model primary school playground.
The flagging off ceremony was presided over by the Kagadi district chairperson Hon. Ndibwami B. Yosia. He was flanked by officials from Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom MTN Uganda and the Mayor of Kagadi town council Hon. Businge Geoffrey.
The route for the race started at Kagadi Model Primary school-Kyenjojo-Kagadi road, Nakulabye trading centre-Nyaruziba, Ruteete, Kiryani-Hoima-Kagadi road then back to Kagadi Model Primary school.
The competition is supported by MTN Uganda.The MTN officials who attended the ceremony included Ms. Phiona Namanya, the regional manager MTN business western Uganda, Mr. Aggrey Byaruhanga, the MTN regional marketing coordinator for western and south western regions and Mr. Abel Mwesigye, the MTN Uganda territory Manager, Kibaale market.
The BKK officials that graced the ceremony were led by the BKK Chief Administrative Secretary Mr Katusabe Alex.
The top 5 winners walked away with cash prizes as indicated below:
1. Mr. Kabagambe Christopher (Kagadi town council, Buyaga East)-500K
2. Mr. Tugumisirize Barnabas (Kabamba subcounty, Buyaga East)-400K
3. Mr. Tumusiime Richard (Kyenzige town council, Buyaga East)-300K
4. Mr. Bright Joseph (Kyaterekera subcounty, Buyaga West)-200K
5. Mr. Ategeka Emmanuel (Buhumuliro subcounty, Buyaga West)- 100K
The ladies that participated won cash prizes irrespective of the positions they attained in the race.
6. Ms. Kirabo Allen (Kagadi town council, Buyaga East)-100K
7. Ms. Kuteesa Noeline (Kagadi town council, Buyaga East) 100K
The Inter-County (Amasaza) bicycle racing competition will continue to cover each district in Bunyoro region. Kiryandongo, Kibaale & Kagadi have concluded selecting their best five competitors.
Each district will send 5 top cyclists who will compete in a grand finale in Hoima City in November 2022.
The competition is being held under the theme, Unity & life.