IMPLEMENTATION STATUS OF COUNCIL ACTIVITIES IN KAGADI DISTRICT
Kagadi district council was sworn in on 18th May, 2021 under the leadership of the District chairperson Hon. Ndibwami B Yosia who executes the following mandate;
- Presides over meetings of the Executive Committee of the District.
- Monitors the general administration of the District.
- Monitors the implementation of Council decisions.
- Monitors and coordinate the activities of Lower Local Councils and Administrative Units.
- Oversees the performance of persons employed by Government and monitor the provision of Government services or the implementation of projects in the District on behalf of council.
- Coordinates and monitors Government functions.
The District council is composed of 64 council members these are;
|No||Name||Constituency||Telephone number registered for mobile money|
|Hon. Alinaitwe John||Kinyarugonjo||0778518585|
|Hon. Birungi Edward||Mabaale||0780313023|
|Hon. Busobozi Moses||Kagadi S/C||0772924179|
|Hon. Byensi Atanansi||Kyenzige S/C||0774944056|
|Hon. Byaruhanga Pius||Pachwa S/C||0782838684|
|Hon. Kobwemi Charles||Pachwa T/C||0773481938|
|Hon. Kyamanywa Posiano||Kamuroza||0779005961|
|Hon. Magezi Jamada Francis||Kabamba||0779608529|
|Hon. Mugisa Peter Sebugwawo||Mabaale T/C||0772435726|
|Hon. Nsungwa Leticia||Kiryanga||0772842526|
|Hon. Ntambi Pius||Isunga||0781495795|
|Hon. Sebuliba Amos||Kyanaisoke||0782937934|
|Hon. Tumusiime Geroge William||Kagadi T/C||0777474766|
|Hon. Tumwesigye Johnson||Nyabutanzi||0779008160|
|Hon. Twinomujuni Joash||Kicucura||0785899637|
|Hon. Ziraba Peter||Kyenzige T/C||0784858484|
|Hon. Abigaba Chris||Galiboleka||0777346875|
|Hon. Akugizibwe Eric||Muhorro S/C||0785156881|
|Hon. Akugizibwe Livingstone||Ndaiga||0782734415|
|Hon. Begumisa Silivano||Rugashari T/C||0774530825|
|Hon. Betonda Ramuel Amooti||Kyakabadiima|
|Hon. Busesire Kenedy||Ruteete||0782547801|
|Hon. Byamukama Venansio||Kanyabebe||0774952216/0753952216|
|Hon. Gahima Gard||Ruteete T/C||0783176364|
|Hon. Habiyaremye Gabriel||Buhumuliro||0783507624|
|Hon. Kapere Fabious||Rugashali||0778434947|
|Hon. Kato Matia||Bwikara||0777863525|
|Hon. Magezi Muwonge||Muhorro T/C|
|Hon. Mbusa Andrew||Mpeefu||0772586315|
|Hon. Mucunguzi Justus||Mairirwe||0789152063|
|Hon. Mwebembezi Emmanuel||Kyaterekera T/C||0788233320|
|Hon. Sebakara Fobius||Kyaterekera||0778873807|
|Hon. Tumusiime Elly Gard||Nyakarongo||0787109181|
|Hon. Bizimungu Philip||Burora||0777818375|
|Hon. Twesigye Julius||Mpeefu Yas ande||0775148179|
|Hon. Aligonzawenka Vincent||DMPWDC||0774925692|
|Hon. Amanyire Agnes||DFYC||0773313583|
|Hon. Buhenzire Evalyne||Female (workers)||0774879753|
|Hon. Mugizi Mary Kusemererwa||DFPWDC||0787024847|
|Hon. Nakate Josephine||DFOPC||0782497609|
|Hon. Namanya Richard||Male (workers)||0772582132|
|Hon. Ssemuga Vincent||DMYC||0777598001|
|Hon. Wamala swizen Stephenson Kagoro||DMOPC||0784521169|
|Hon. Asiimwe Leah||Rugashali / Rugashali TC||0785022452|
|Hon. Asiimwe Oliver||Nyabutanzi / Mabaale||0786110001|
|Hon. Babeiha Joan||Kagadi S/C/ Kagadi TC||0782294876|
|Hon. Baswaire Mary||Isunga||0777347054|
|Hon. Byendamira Everce||Kiryanga / Kicucura||0784684771|
|Hon. Katushabe Reginah||Kyaterekera/ Kyaterekera TC||0772624880|
|Hon. Kenema Leticia||Bwikara||0778155539|
|Hon. Kisembo Alice||Muhorro||0786851824|
|Hon. Kusemererwa Fatuma||Pachwa / Pachwa T/C||0778442487|
|Hon. Kyaligonza Winnie||Mabaale T/C / Kinyarugonjo||0783685705|
|Hon. Kyohairwe Docus||Kyenzige / Kyenzige T/C||0784784755|
|Hon. Mbabazi Teopista Bandahura||Mairirwe/ Nyakarongo||0779970387|
|Hon. Mugisa Tibanyiiga||Kyanaisoke / Kamuroza||0786367430|
|Hon. Murombe Dorothy||Galiboleka / Muhorro TC||0788831941|
|Hon. Namukisa Dinah||Ruteete / Ruteete TC||0772243654|
|Hon. Namukisa Oliver||Kyakabadiima/Burora||0780161044|
|Hon. Night Alice||Ndaiga||0789036486|
|Hon. Nshemererwa Dorothy||Kabamba||0783402530|
|Hon. Nyiramajambere Kellen||Mpeefu / MpeefuYaSande TC||0783120277|
|Hon. Tumuhairwe Lusia||Kanyabebe/ Buhumuliro||0775688110|
|Hon. Ndibwami B. Yosia||District Chairperson||0775024250|
The district council on its first sitting elected the speaker in the names of Hon. Magezi Muwonge deputized by Hon. Sebuliba Amos who is charged with the responsibility of presiding over council meetings and ensuring the welfare of councilors.
- Presides at all meetings of Council.
- Is charged with the overall authority for the preservation of order in the Council, and the enforcement of rules of procedure of the Council.
During the first sitting the district chairperson nominated the members of the district executive committee as follows;
|Ndibwami B Yosia||District Chairperson & secretary for production and natural resources||0782 866023|
|Mugisa Peter Ssebugwaho||District Vice Chairperson & secretary for works and technical services||0772 435726|
|Betonda Ramuel||Secretary for finance, administration, planning and investment||0772 987610|
|Ziraba Peter||Secretary for community services and security||0784 858484|
|Baswaire Mary||Secretary for health and education||0777 347054|
The above were unanimously approved by council as presented.
The above are charged with the responsibility of;
- Initiate and formulate policy for approval of Council.
- Oversee the implementation of Council programmes.
- At district level recommend to Council persons to be appointed to the district Service Commission, District Public Accounts Committee, District Land Board or any other Boards, Commissions or Committees that may be created.
- Receive and solve problems or disputes forwarded to it from lower Local Councils.
- Evaluate the performance of Council for every financial year
Kagadi council has five standing committees as follows with their membership;
(1) Health and Education
- Birungi Edward
- Byansi Atanansi
- Kobwemi Charles
- Tumwesigye Johnson
- Busesire Kenedy
- Kapere Fabius
- Begumisa Silvano
- Kisembo Alice
- Bizimungu Phillip
- Nshemererwa Dorothy
- Sebakara Fabius
(2) Production and Natural Resources
- Ssemuga Vincent
- Abigaba Chris
- Akugizibwe Livingston
- Namukisa Oliver
- Gahima Gard
- Twesigye Julius
- Asiimwe Oliver Irumba
- Mbusa Andrew
- Mbabazi Teopista
- Namukisa Dinah
(3) Finance, Planning, Administration and Investment
- Busobozi Moses
- Akugizibwe Eric
- Namanya Richard
- Mucunguzi Justus
- Kyohairwe Docus
- Kyaligonza Winnie
- Tibanyiiga Mugisa
- Kyamanywa Ponsiano Ngondwa
- Murombe Dorothy
- Kato Matia
(4) Works and Technical Services
- Byaruhanga Pius
- Habiyaremye Gabriel
- Nakate Josephine
- Byendaimira Everse
- Amanyire Agnes
- Katusabe Regina
- Wamara S.K Swizen
- Byamukama Vanansio
- Night Alice Atoro
- Tumuhairwe Lucia
(5) Community services
- Mwebembezi Emmanuel
- Asiimwe Lea
- Ntambi Pius
- Alinaitwe John
- Twinomujuni Joash
- Kusemererwa Fatuma
- Aligonzawenka Vincent
- Babeiha Joan
- Mugizi Mary
- Buhenzire Evelyne
They are charged with the following responsibility;
- Councils conduct business through Standing Committees. Section 22(1) of the LGA, empowers a District Council to appoint Standing Committees which should not exceed the number of secretaries for the efficient performance of the functions for which are responsible such as:-
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of sectors under their functional responsibility.
- Receiving budgets of departments under their responsibility and recommending for their integration into Council budgets.
- Scrutinizing monthly expenditure returns, Contracts committee reports and quarterly reports so as to recommend appropriate action by Council.
The district normally budgets for 4 council and committee sittings because of constrained resources.
- Approved annual workplan and budget for every FY.
- Approved a Five year development plan
- Constituted a district service commission and Kagadi hospital management committee
- Approved members of the Kagadi public accounts committee
- Approved supplementary funding for epidemics in the district especially Ebola, COVID among others.
- Approved staff structure for the newly created LLGs.
- Low revenue base for the district that has affected the number of council sittings required by the law.
- Poor enumeration of councilors attending council sittings as a result of low revenue base for the district.
- Lack of furniture and other materials required to conduct council business
- Lack of a council hall
- Lack of induction for councilors which has affected their performance